A while ago, I came across this amazing recipe for Cheesy Jalapeno Pull Bread. Then I tried Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pulls and Cinnamon Roll Pulls too. And then, I was inspired by my cousin and her husband, who had made pesto cheese bread for a late night snack. Lo and behold! Pesto Cheese Pull Bread was born.
Start with a bread bowl. This one is an individual sized one, though you could certainly use a bigger size. Careful not to cut through the bottom, slice the bread, about 1-1.5 inch slices.
Spread pesto on each slice. Then slice the bread in the opposite directions, creating a cross hatch pattern. Transfer to aluminum foil and sprinkle cheese in between each piece. Wrap in foil and bake 350 degrees for 15 minutes, then uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
Pesto Cheese Pull BreadIngredients:
1 bread bowl
1/4 c pesto (store bought or homemade)
3/4 c cheese (I used mozerella, cheddar, and parmesan but monterey jack, provolone, and colby would work well too)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread bowl in 1-1.5 inch slices, careful not to go through the bottom of the loaf
- Spread pesto on slices.
- Cut bread in opposite directions, creating a cross hatch pattern.
- Sprinkle cheese in between pieces.
- Cover in foil and back on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes. Remove foil from top and let bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.