Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lemon Rosemary Slow Cooker Chicken

I've had this recipe from A Sunshiny Day bookmarked for some time now.

Last night, after the kids were asleep, I rubbed a fryer chicken with salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. I cut up 3 ribs of celery, along with some rosemary, and put that in the cavity. Then, I squeezed half a lemon over the top. I put the chicken into a gallon ziploc bag and stuffed it back into the fridge.

This morning, I slid the chicken out of the bag and into the crockpot, then left it to cook on low all day while we were out. Easy!

The dark meat - wonderful and juicy. The white meat, ok. I wonder if I put the bird breast side down it would turn out juicier. Flavor - delicious.

Lemon Rosemary Slow Cooker Chicken

adapted from A Sunshiny Day

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken
1 t garlic, crushed
4 sprigs rosemary
1/2 lemon
1/2 t pepper
1 t salt
3 ribs celery, diced

Directions:
  1. Place the whole chicken in the crockpot.
  2. Rub chicken (inside and out) with crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
  3. Cut 3 celery ribs and place inside cavity, along with 2 sprigs if rosemary.
  4. Place 2 more rosemary sprigs on too and Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the chicken.
  5. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment