Last night, after the kids were asleep, I rubbed a fryer chicken with salt, pepper, and crushed garlic. I cut up 3 ribs of celery, along with some rosemary, and put that in the cavity. Then, I squeezed half a lemon over the top. I put the chicken into a gallon ziploc bag and stuffed it back into the fridge.
This morning, I slid the chicken out of the bag and into the crockpot, then left it to cook on low all day while we were out. Easy!
The dark meat - wonderful and juicy. The white meat, ok. I wonder if I put the bird breast side down it would turn out juicier. Flavor - delicious.
Lemon Rosemary Slow Cooker Chickenadapted from A Sunshiny Day
1 whole chicken
1 t garlic, crushed
4 sprigs rosemary
1/2 t pepper
1 t salt
3 ribs celery, diced
- Place the whole chicken in the crockpot.
- Rub chicken (inside and out) with crushed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cut 3 celery ribs and place inside cavity, along with 2 sprigs if rosemary.
- Place 2 more rosemary sprigs on too and Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.