Don't get me wrong. This Paula Deen recipe is a fantastic. It's so easy and the ingredients, so simple. I think it's because she made so much that day that now she can't stand it. Too much of a good thing.
But I'm not sick of this baby yet. I could eat it for days. And I have. Like 3 meals a day until it was gone. This is good stuff and it makes a lot. Today, I halved the recipe, but added extra mushrooms, and left out the sour cream because I didn't have any. I also used whole wheat rotini because Mr A is allergic to egg and whole wheat pasta is just a little healthier.
Beef StroganoffAdapted from Paula Deen
2 T olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
3/4 lb chuck steak, cut into thin strips
1/4 t salt
1/8 t garlic powder
1/8 t black pepper
1/8 t garlic, crushed
2 T Worchestire Sauce
1 lb crimini mushrooms, sliced
1/2 (10 3/4 oz) can beef broth
1/2 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
3/4 lb whole wheat pasta
1/2 c sour cream
1 c frozen peas
- Cook pasta, drain.
- Heat a large skillet. Add olive oil and onion. Saute until slightly brown and translucent.
- Add steak strips. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and cook until brown.
- Add beef broth, crushed garlic, and Worchestire sauce. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cream of mushroom and stir until well combined. Add mushrooms. Cook about 5 minutes, or until mushrooms have softened.
- Add sour cream if desired, pasta, and green peas.