Mr A, when served, immediately said, "I don't like that." We insisted that he try a little and he did, and he ended up eating 1.5 enchiladas. We were proud. I think reading Green Eggs and Ham helps - gotta try something before you say you don't like it!
Chile Verde Chicken EnchiladasIngredients:
2 c chicken, cooked & shredded
2 T olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
12 corn tortillas
1/4 t chili powder
1 28 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
1 c cheddar cheese, shredded
2 c Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/2 c sour cream, optional
- Heat olive oil and sauté onions until translucent and slightly browned. Remove from heat.
- Soften tortillas either by frying lightly in oil or heating in a cast iron skillet.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place a spoonful of chicken, onions, and cheddar cheese in the center of a tortilla. Sprinkle a little chili powder, then roll the tortilla, placing the seam side down in a baking pan. Repeat with remaining filling and tortillas.*
- Pour green chile enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas and top with Jack cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream on top.