Thursday, August 1, 2013

Bacon Cheese Garlic Pull Bread

Oh, hey! It's my bloggiversary! (Can you believe spellcheck doesn't know this word?  Haha.)  Well, I wasn't even going to post but since it's kind of a special day, I have just a few minutes left to August 1, 2013 to get this out there.  I have to say, there were some times when I wasn't sure I'd keep this up, but I have.  Some times, I have no new ideas, then other times, there's a ton.  For year 2, I'm going to see if I can be more of a regular poster, maybe twice a week.  That seems a little daunting, especially with school starting back up in a couple weeks.  Well, I will try!  Now on to some yummy food!


When we were little, my brother and I had a babysitter named Janet.  She introduced us to the world of grilled cheese sandwiches with bacon.  Mmmm...  It's been a while since I've made one, but this here bacon cheese garlic pull bread might be the grown up version of the grilled American cheese and bacon on white bread from my childhood.

Remember the pesto cheese pull apart bread?  This is the same idea except with garlic butter, cheddar, and bacon.

Wrap it in foil and bake until melty and the bread is soft and warm.  Then crank up the heat, toss on some more cheese if you'd like until it's crunchy and toasty.  Yum.


Bacon Cheese Garlic Pull Bread

Ingredients:
1 sourdough bowl
1 T butter, softened
1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
Garlic powder or minced garlic, to taste
Pinch of salt
1/4 c cheddar cheese, grated
6-8 strips of bacon, crumbled

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine butter, cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
  3. Cut bread bowl in 1-1.5 inch slices, careful not to go through the bottom of the loaf
  4. Spread garlic butter on slices.
  5. Cut bread in opposite directions, creating a cross hatch pattern.
  6. Spread remaining garlic butter on other sides of bread.
  7. Sprinkle cheese in between pieces.
  8. Cover in foil and back on a cookie sheet for 15 minutes.  Remove foil from top and let bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted.
  9. During the final 2 minutes, sprinkle crumbled bacon on top.  Add more cheese if desired. Return to oven until cheese is all melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment