Chicken Tortilla Soup
8-10 chicken drumsticks
1 large carrot, diced
1 can black beans
1 can green chilies
1 can tomatoes, diced
2 zucchinis, diced
3/4 c corn kernels, frozen
1-2 c water or chicken broth
Seasonings to taste
Red pepper flake, pinch
1. Dice 1 carrot. (Onion would be good too, but I didn't have any.) Put into crockpot.
2. Arrange about 8-10 drumsticks on top of carrots.
3. Pour in 1 cup of water.
4. Generously season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning. Also add a pinch of red pepper flake, oregano, some sugar, chili powder and cumin. Pour 1 can of green chilies and 1 can of diced tomatoes over the chicken.
5. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or until chicken is done.
6. Remove chicken. Remove bones and dice. Return chicken to soup and stir in 1 can black beans (drained), 2 zucchinis (diced), and 3/4 cup corn kernels.
7. Add more water or chicken broth for more soup, if desired. Adjust seasonings as necessary.
8. Cook on high until simmering and zucchinis are to desired tenderness.
9. Serve warm. Optional toppings include sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, and green onions.