Yesterday, we had some fantastic treats at work. There was a tasty breakfast casserole, homemade blueberry muffins, and yummy banana chocolate chip muffins. What?! How have I missed this combination in a muffin?!
Then Mr A just happened to ask about pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and muffins this morning. He happily agreed to banana chocolate chip muffins instead.
It was a perfect opportunity to use some frozen bananas I stuck in the freezer a couple months ago. I kept thinking I would make banana ice cream with them. Of course that never happened but they are perfect for baking too.
I defrosted them in the microwave for 3 minutes, then nuked them for 30 seconds. I tasked Mr A with mashing them with a potato masher. He did pretty good! He also helped pour in the ingredients after I measured them into the bowl and used a whisk to gently stir. I scooped the batter and held it over the muffin cups and he pushed the trigger.
This was probably our smoothest baking project to date. Oh and the muffins? Absolutely delish! We will be making these again. I'm proud of my little guy and a little proud that I was patient enough to make it happen.
Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsAdapted from allrecipes.com
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
4 bananas, mashed
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 c butter, melted
1/8 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg, melted butter, vanilla, and cinnamon. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.