Sunday, October 21, 2012

1 Egg Raisin Bran Muffins

It's been a long time since I've posted.  Well, life seems to be getting in the way... what can I say?  Here's a post without pictures.

Remember when I made egg free raisin bran muffins? Then I made Pinch of Yum's regular 2 egg version with blueberries? Well, 2 eggs might be more than Mr A's system will tolerate. So I've made a 1 egg version, with grated apple instead of applesauce and some whole wheat flour. The bits of grated apple are a nice surprise and you don't even notice the whole wheat substitution.

I also decided to use bran cereal, then add my own raisins and dried cranberries. Have you ever checked out how much sugar is in raisin bran? Now I haven't done the research to see if it's just the raisins boosting up the sugar content, but I do feel better knowing the bran cereal alone doesn't seem to add as much sugar.

1 Egg Raisin Bran Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oil
3/4 c sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 banana, mashed
1 apple, grated
2 c buttermilk
1 c all purpose flour
1 c whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
4 c Bran cereal
1/2 c raisins
1/4 c cranberries

Instructions:
  1. Mix in order and bake in muffin tin at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes, depending on pan size. Let cool at least 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment