Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Easy Flatbread Pizza


Here's an easy go-to recipe. Flatbread, marinara, mozzarella, and whatever toppings you'd like.  I was already browning up some ground beef and had some leftover easy zucchini in the fridge so I used that. Last week when I made this, I browned some Italian sausage and mushroom and used that.  I used my toaster oven to crisp up the flatbread and melt the cheese but you could use your conventional oven.

No flatbread? French bread, hamburger buns, bagels, and English muffins are good alternatives.  I've never tried using Naan or pita bread, but I imagine those would work ok too.  Go crazy!  Or just eat lots of pizza.

Flatbread Pizza

Ingredients:
Flatbread
Marinara Sauce
Mozarella Cheese, shredded
Toppings: mushrooms, sausage, zucchini (whatever you like!)

Directions:
  1. Spread 2-3 tablespoons of marinara sauce on the flatbread.  Sprinkle with desired toppings.
  2. Toast for 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted and flatbread is slightly crispy.
  3. Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment