Wednesday, October 31, 2012

October Foodie Penpals!

The Lean Green Bean

It's time for Foodie Penpals! This month's package comes from Amy, 1/2 of the pair that writes A Couple in the Kitchen.  How yummy are their pictures!  Check out these Slow-Roasted Tomatoes and this EZ Orzo salad.  Yum.  She and her husband hail from New England, where Amy says Fall is in full bloom.

Take a look at this package embracing Autumn! Cupcakes with Halloween sprinkles, delicious cinnamon sticks, a mini pumpkin, a cinnamon decaf tea, and pretty leaves in red, orange, yellow.

This was the exact inspiration I needed to get myself in gear to plan my school Halloween party. I've decided to make cupcakes (maybe in ice cream cones) and let the kids decorate with the sprinkles. Then I'll bring my crockpot in and make applesauce with cinnamon!

Halloween has never been my favorite holiday. I know kids love it and I shouldn't be the spoil sport that ruins it with my grouchy ways. So I'm thankful that Amy's package showed up and gave me inspiration to get into the Fall spirit.

Oh and the pumpkin? It so happens that we went to the pumpkin patch a couple weeks ago and for whatever reason, we got 3. Why we didn't get 4 - one for each person, I don't know. Anyway, the pumpkin from Amy is the perfect addition to our family of pumpkins.  A baby pumpkin for Baby J.  Check out our cute family of 4 pumpkins.  I <3 it!



Foodie Penpals is so much fun! wanna try? Here's how to sign up to be a Foodie Penpal!
If you’re interested in participating for November, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by October 4th as pairings will be emailed on November 5th!

The Lean Green Bean

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! Happy Halloween (and don't tell...but it's not my fave either). :-)

    ReplyDelete