Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Crockpot BBQ Ribs

My crockpot is getting more use lately.  I'd really like to find more recipes for it.  My problem, though, is many crockpot recipes use "cream soups" in them.  Don't get me wrong, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken are yummy, but I don't necessarily want those in everything I cook, especially since they have all sorts of additives in them.  True, I could make my own cream of mushroom or chicken from scratch, but that's an extra step I don't necessarily want to take.


So when I Googled "BBQ ribs" and this BBQ ribs recipe was hit #1, I knew I had to try it in the crockpot.  They say the best way to barbeque ribs is low and slow, so if a crockpot's high is about 300 degrees and its low is about 200 degrees, then this is another way to get low and slow.  And the bonuses here are that these ribs are delicious, they fall off the bone, it's super duper easy.

Crockpot BBQ Ribs

adapted from Cooks.com

Ingredients:
1/4 t salt
1/4 t black pepper
1/8 garlic powder
16-20 oz bottle if BBQ sauce
Cooking spray

Directions:
  1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray.
  2. Liberally sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder over ribs, top and bottom.
  3. Put ribs in crockpot and pour BBQ sauce on top. Use a brush to coat ribs on both sides.
  4. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low 6-8 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment