Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Easy chicken tenders


I'm tired. It's warm out. The lasagna I made yesterday is not making its way into the oven today. The house is fairly cool so I don't want to add extra heat by using the oven.


So I'm using the toaster oven for this. I saw easy chicken nuggets on Weelicious a while back. I didn't want to get out my food processor, ground up the chicken and then need to wash it. I usually have a bag of chicken tenders in my freezer and voila!  Chicken tenders cook pretty quick. There's just a handful if ingredients so this is a great week night fix.

Easy Chicken Tenders

Adapted from Weelicious

 
Ingredients:
6-10 chicken tenders
1/3 c Bread crumbs (panko, seasoned, or fresh - cracker crumbs, potato chips, and corn flakes would be interesting too)
1/8 t Garlic powder
1/4 t Salt
1/8 t Black pepper
1/4 c Parmesan cheese



Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. With some paper towels, pat dry chicken tenders and place on a plate or cutting board.
  3. Sprinkle salt, garlic powder, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, and bread crumbs over the top. Flip tenders over and repeat.
  4. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment